In 2018 and beyond consumers are more and more concerned with the impact their purchases are having on the environment. Whether buying online or at a local farmers’ market, people want to know they have purchased something that isn’t going to further damage the environment - and they’re willing to pay more for it. 66% of consumers would spend more on a product if it came from a sustainable brand.
The issue of environmental impact isn’t lost on today’s youth either: 73% of millennials are willing to spend more on a product if it comes from a sustainable brand. OAFVC has a commercial kitchen that allows you to fill your orders but also meet the needs and wants of an environmentally concerned consumer.
The Sustainable Benefits of Using a Commercial Kitchen: Decrease Your Environmental Impact
- Minimize waste of seasonal produce and other ingredients by using a the flash freezer, refrigerator or dry storage
- Sort, wash and clean your fresh produce with OAFVC’s toxin-free Microkill vegetable cleaner
- With 8 different services on-site at OAFVC, you’ll reduce gas emissions, time and energy when you don’t have to drive around to access each service
- High-quality and high-efficiency convection ovens and steam kettles use less energy than old ones
- Temperature-controlled environments mean less food gets spoiled and wasted so you can fill your orders and not landfills
No matter what service your food production company requires from the commercial kitchen at OAFVC, know that you’re reducing waste and doing your part to reduce the environmental impact of your business. Tell customers how you’re doing your part and see the ROI when they keep coming back.
Grow Your Business Now
With the farmers’ market business plan checklist you will learn how to:
- Set your business apart
- Get practical equipment know-how
- Use a commercial kitchen for networking