Have you ever had an idea for a food product but can’t find a manufacturer to make it? Or maybe you’re often trying to find a specific product for your food production business but have a difficult time doing so. Perhaps it’s time to consider manufacturing it yourself. There is a strong possibility that if your food production business needs it so will others, so why not fill that gap and become a food product supplier?
The idea of launching a new product can seem daunting, but it is easier than you think. Clearly, you have identified an opening in the food production market and it’s just waiting to be filled, so why not with you?
OAFVC Provides everything from Manufacturing to the Network Needed to Sell Your New Idea
Launching a new product can be nerve wracking and exciting all at the same time. You need to find a way to test new ideas and products that is affordable and has minimum to no commitments or obligations. OAFVC gives you the flexibility to have the time to get your new food business off the ground without spending massive amounts of start-up money.
At OAFVC you will find everything you need:
- Food processing equipment: including those for cold pressing, dehydrating, slicing, peeling, shredding, dicing, centrifuge drying, washing and sanitizing.
- A commercial kitchen that offers conventional cooking over gas or open flames, as well as large tilting kettles, dual convection ovens, a tilting skillet to sauté or steam vegetables, and flash freezing equipment using liquid nitrogen.
- Food Packaging options: vacuum packaging, MAP (Modified Atmosphere Packaging), tamper-evident seals, heat-sealed pouches, corrugated cases, and coding/taping.
- Liquid Filling: semi-automatic filling of containers from 50 ml–4000 ml. Product pasteurization and cooling also available.
- Product development and quality control lab, with food technologists available for hire when needed.
- Dry storage: includes climate controlled area for ingredients and packaging. Storage includes a traceability system that tags all products for easy tracking within the facility.
- Cold storage with temperatures maintained between 3oC–-6oC (38oF–42oF)
- Freezer storage that is maintained at -18oC (0oF)
- Product controlled tempering room that allow temperatures to be adjusted over a 24-hour period from 18oC–21oC (0oF–70oF) .
Working with a communal commercial kitchen also gives you the chance to expand your network with other food product suppliers who may be interested in the very product you are creating. OAFVC gives you a place to make your new product, store it, package it, receive business consulting (for free) and build a network of other agri-food businesses like yours. OAFVC will give you all the support you need to begin your next venture in food production.
When you are growing a business, there are always obstacles to overcome. Don’t miss the top 3 roadblocks that may be hurting your business. Download this e-book to discover how OAFVC can help you overcome them.