There are many benefits to renting a commercial kitchen: a commercial kitchen saves you money because you don’t have to buy your own equipment; by efficiently processing many products at the same time, you can avoid making multiple trips to a smaller kitchen; and you can expand your food production business based on your ideas and vision. But if you think renting a commercial kitchen is complicated, then you’ll be surprised by how easy it actually is.
OAFVC is an affordable commercial kitchen space where food processors can fill large orders efficiently, allowing them to expand their business and get all the business advice they need without having to make a huge commitment.
Figure out What You’ll Need Before You Commit to A Commercial Kitchen for Rent
If you don’t know whether your business would benefit from using a commercial kitchen, consider these questions, then contact OAFVC to discuss how we can help:
- What do you want to make?
- How much time do you want to spend in the kitchen?
- How much product will you need?
- What equipment will you need (i.e., do you need a place to cut, cook, and package alone? Or do you also need storage and/or freezing options? Do you require a special piece of equipment that’s hard to find?)
There are many reasons to rent a commercial kitchen:
- Increase processing capacity to meet larger orders
- Process larger volume at harvest to minimize waste, if you’re a farmer
- Use the confidential product development lab to expand your product line
- Network with other local food production businesses to share best practices
- Access business services for every stage of food production to help your business succeed
7 Reasons Why Renting OAFVC’s Commercial Kitchen Makes Your Life Easier
- Affordable “rent” — with no lease and no commitment to use the kitchen over time , OAFVC has a much lower cost than maintaining your own facility
- Ability to work with time constraints — process large-volume orders quickly
- Assistance to meet safety standards — ensure compliance every time
- Increase processing capacity to expand business — book labour to help you process more orders
- No schedule needed — book only the time that works for you
- Confidential product development — test your ideas and get expert feedback
- Business consulting services —OAFVC facilitates access to business support and resources
So You’ve Found a Commercial Kitchen, But Do You Know How To Use It?
Come for a half day trial and let OAFVC staff train you on our wide range of commercial kitchen equipment.
We have everything you need to wash and sanitize, peel and chop, cook, dehydrate or cold press. For the finished products, we have dry, cool and cold storage available.
Renters love our tilting kettle to cook large-batch sauces or soups, and our tilting skillet to grill, fry, simmer or braise. And to preserve the flavour and texture of your finished product, use our flash freezer or blast chiller. They also stop the growth of bacteria, keeping your food safe.
We have the equipment you need, and the support and resources to help you use that equipment to grow a successful business.
Let us expand your network and collaborate with you on new product development. We can help you apply for funding, teach you about food safety standards, and act as liaison with local economic development offices and health units. We even have a graphic designer on staff to offer packaging consultation. With our food processing, business consulting and product development services, we can walk you through every step of the food production process.